Thiru B.V. Ramanaa
Revenue, District Revenue Establishment,. Deputy collectors, Weights and Measures, Debt relief including legislation on Money lending, Chits, Registration of Companies.
Phone : 25672574(O) Extn-5627, 24617214(R)
Thiru Gagandeep Singh Bedi IAS (Secretary to Government)
Phone : 25671556 PABX 5664, 25672603 (Fax)
E-mail : revsec(at)tn.gov.in
The Revenue Department functions with the following broad objectives-
1) Providing efficient delivery of services of various Government schemes to the people of Tamil Nadu.
2) Providing relief and implementing rehabilitation measures for those affected by Natural Calamities.
3) Functioning as the custodian of Government lands and ensuring proper maintenance of land records for the State.
4) Implementation of Land Reforms and providing land to the needy and eligible persons.
To carry out the above mentioned objectives the following offices are functioning under the Department.
1) Commissionerate of Revenue Administration, Disaster Management and Mitigation.
2) Commissionerate of Land Administration
3) Commissionerate of Land Reforms
4) Commissionerate of Survey and Settlement
5) Directorate of Urban Land Ceiling and Land Tax.